Submissions are open!
Want to join in the conversation? Below is all the information you’ll need to send a query or submission. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Interested in writing for us as a staff contributor? Let us know.
What We’re Looking For:
Nonfiction regarding the bizarre, the surreal, the weird, and anything outrageous and reality-bending in the visual and literary arts. Some examples:
- Writing advice
- News/current events
- History of literature and art
- Biographical articles
- Recaps of cons/readings/exhibits
NOTE: We like to avoid contentious politics and drama, and we will not publish anything that could be considered hateful (or as spreading hate).
Want to submit? Following these guidelines will definitely improve your chances of acceptance.
- We accept pitches and/or submissions
- We are a very small team, and there may be times when we take a long time to respond. We will do our best to respond to every submission.
- Like most publications, we are asking for original work that has not been previously published (except in extraordinary cases).
- We would prefer submissions to be in Word or Google Docs. Please double space.
- Please title your email with “QUERY” (thing you want to write about) or “SUBMISSION” (thing you wrote about).
- Submissions should be between 500 and 2500 words. Anything over 3000 words will be divided into multiple parts.
- Please include an author photo, a brief (50-75 word) bio, and a link you’d like associated with your name, e.g., to your personal website or a social media account.
- Please include at least two license-free photos to potentially accompany your piece.
- Authors retain copyright.
Have a book you would like reviewed? Find out more here.
Currently, we can’t afford more than token payments. That means a flat payment of $4.00 per article. As Babou 691 grows, we hope to offer more in the future. Payments are sent via Paypal.